(The AEGIS Alliance) – A man that ran an anonymous web hosting company that permitted pedophiles worldwide to share millions of photos of kids getting abused sexually, tortured as well as degraded has been sentenced to 27 years behind bars as of Wednesday. The news comes 8 years following his apprehension in Ireland, according to authorities in the United States.
Eric Eoin Marques, that is referred to as being the kingpin of child porn, hosted greater than 200 internet sites on a dark web hosting server that allowed the circulation of around 8.5 million images as well as video clips of children being sexually abused between the years 2008 and 2013, prosecutors said. Some of these pictures portrayed babies and young children undergoing vicious abuses, consisting of bondage, bestiality, urination, defecation as well as vomit.
Age 36 Marques, who has dual citizenship in Ireland and the United States, had been apprehended in Dublin back in August of 2013 after a joint investigation between the FBI and Irish authorities. At that point, he battled and opposed his extradition for years prior to him ultimately getting extradited to the United States in March of 2019. Marques gave a guilty plea to conspiracy to promote child porn one year afterward.
“Eric Marques was one of the largest facilitators of child pornography in the world,” Jonathan Lenzner stated, the acting U.S. attorney in Maryland, the state the case had been put on trial.
“This is an egregious case where one individual facilitated the abuse of more than a million new child victims and attempted to keep the abuse hidden on the dark web,” Lenzner stated.
The FBI investigation started after representatives uncovered greater than one million files coming from internet sites hosted with Marques’ Freedom Hosting server that used an encrypted location of the web that permits individuals to be confidential or even untraceable.
Almost every one of those files included pictures and video clips of kids subjected to sexually explicit acts with adults or even other children, posing naked or in different states of getting undressed, prosecutors pointed out. Nearly all of the images included prepubescent victims that had been completely or partly nude or being sexually mistreated.
Around 2 million of the pictures and video clips discovered in the course of the investigation had not been earlier known about by authorities.
While Marques was at his hearing for sentencing, he showed regret and begged for forgiveness from the victims.
“I have destroyed my reputation and my family’s reputation. Please give me a second chance,” Marques said to U.S. District Judge Theodore Chuang.
The judge stated he will permit the U.S. Bureau of Prisons to provide Marques with time served for the 8 years he’s spent in prison since he got arrested. The sentencing is going to include Eric Eoin Marques being closely monitored for the rest of his life after he is released.
“We are grateful to our law enforcement partners here and abroad for helping us to bring Eric Marques to justice,” Lenzner pointed out. “We will continue to do everything we can to find and prosecute those who use the anonymity of the Internet to perpetuate the cruel and heartless business of the sexual abuse of children for personal gain, in order to keep our children safe.”
Kyle James Lee – The AEGIS Alliance – This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.