“This attack is intended to cause maximum damage and deprive millions of Yemenis from receiving life-saving food and medicines,” Mohammed, a Houthi official who declined to give his surname told Al Jazeera.
Stephane Dujarric of the UN said on Tuesday that there had been no humanitarian flights to Sanaa airport and no humanitarian or commercial shipments to Hodeidah and Salif ports since 6th November.
“Without Sanaa airport and Hodeidah and Salif seaports fully functioning and able to receive cargo, the dire humanitarian situation in Yemen will continue,” Dujarric told reporters in New York.
“Seven million people are already on the brink of famine and the blockade will only bring them closer to it.”
Officials from Saudi Arabia have yet to offer and justification for the attack, which added even further concern to the UN.