The Golden State wants to go completely green within the next three decades.
The 31st state in America; California, has made the decision to go all green after the Senate passed legislation saying California will use renewable energy within the next 28 years. Out of the 38 members who voted for it; 25 were positive votes.
U.S. politician Kevin de Leon; chair of the senate, stated that the ambitious project will make California green and clean, create job growth, and most importantly it will lower harmful emissions.
“This is our reality. We are not going to allow one huge, potentially catastrophic decision by the president to reverse generations of progress at the height of our historic diversity, our scientific advancement, our economic output, as well as our sense of global responsibility,” Kevin de Leon said during an interview with Democracy Now.
If the bill is passed; the state will have to rush the process towards renewable energy. Its intentions are to leave fossil fuels behind completely; within 28 years. This will require the state to work furiously towards the renewable energy promise; and at least be up to par by 2030.
“It is really important that we forge ahead with other like-minded countries and sub-national, not just hemispherically but throughout the world,” Kevin de Leon stated “Whether it is in Pacific—the Pacific Rim, whether it’s in Africa, whether it’s in Europe, Eastern Europe.
Latest posts by Kyle James Lee (see all)
- The Case of Kenneth Michael Paciorek in Indiana and his Mental Health (VIDEO) - August 17, 2017
- James Alex Fields Jr – Protesters Swarmed for Reason OR Did they At All - August 13, 2017
- Mexico City Passes Landmark Ban on Dolphin Captivity! - August 7, 2017
- Kenneth Michael Paciorek And Corruption in State of Indiana (Evidence) - August 5, 2017
- Reasons for Globe Earth Proof that Flat Earthers Cannot Explain! - August 4, 2017